Monday, April 25, 2011

#348 A Perfect Day

Yesterday was about as perfect as a day can get. The big boys helped me make chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and then helped their dad do the grocery shopping. After lunch, we went to a local elementary school where the big boys rode their bikes and played baseball while the little guy and I watched. The weather was gorgeous, tons of other people were out, there was no place we had to be, so no sense of rush. The day ended with a delicious dinner made by my husband. It may not get any better.




I hate it that Eric will never experience this type of day with a family of his own. He probably wouldn’t be coaching his kids in baseball (unless they needed help learning to play in the dirt in the outfield), but they’d probably be outside building rockets or setting things on fire with magnifying glasses. It’s not the activity that matters, it’s the togetherness.



In a life where I am increasingly worried about how fleeting time is and how quickly my kids are growing up and how everything I want to do may not happen, it was a slow motion day. I didn’t worry about any of that. I enjoyed the sun and the kids and my husband and the day. I need more of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment