Saturday, April 2, 2011

#332 Labyrinth

On Friday my 7 year old didn’t have school because of a teacher work day. He and I (and the baby) went on a long walk around our neighborhood. I love walking around our neighborhood. There are many different ways we can go and plenty of beautiful houses and landscaping to look at as we walk. Usually I go by myself, or now with the baby, but with my older son today it was nice to have some conversation as I walked.




I let my son pick our route and the way he chose to go took us by a local Baptist church. The church has a labyrinth laid out on its grounds, a place that is dedicated to introspection and discussion with God. My son knows this because we have been that way before and we have read about it. He loves to walk the labyrinth. As he walked it today he reminded me we were supposed to be talking to God. I asked him if he was and he said yes, he was asking God to look after Uncle Eric in heaven. I about melted on the spot.



I love that my son thinks about Uncle Eric, although I wish he didn’t feel the need to take care of him. I wish all he had to think about was what crazy amazing gift was coming from his uncle next. But since he can’t have that, I’m glad he thinks about his uncle in heaven. If Eric acts up there anything like he does down here God probably needs help being patient with him. Maybe my son’s prayers helped with that.

1 comment: