Monday, April 11, 2011

#339 Can you feel the love tonight?

While I was in Savannah I of course stayed with my parents. This means we have cocktail hour nightly. It is a wonderful life. Cocktail hour comes complete with cocktail music and usually lasts several hours until someone gets hungry enough to actually notice we haven’t had dinner yet. Then we eat and go to bed. Have I mentioned what a nice way that is to spend an evening?




One of the nights I was there we started talking about Eric and music. Those of you who know him or read this blog, know that he would fixate on one song and sing it over and over and over again and again and again. And again. And he can’t sing. It could be very painful.



When my parents and Eric moved to Bangkok (I was in college) he fixated on a song from The Lion King. I was never really exposed to that one, but it’s the one my parents remember most. I can understand why since they were living in an apartment at the time. It was a very nice apartment, but his bedroom was next to theirs which was next to the family room, etc. If someone in that apartment was singing, everyone heard it.



My parents didn’t remember which song it was, but thanks to my iPhone and a Google search we figured out it was “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?”. The cocktail music runs through my dad’s computer, so first he tried to get that system to play the song. Inexplicably, it wouldn’t work. Next I tried to download a YouTube clip on my phone. It downloaded, but thanks to my parents’ slow network, wouldn’t play.



We may not have been able to hear the song, but Eric, we were feeling the love that night. I hope somewhere you are too. And that you are not singing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment