Monday, August 2, 2010

#99 Bathtub bliss

I know I have already used this forum to expound on Eric’s love of baths. However, my parents have been visiting this weekend and I have learned, or been reminded, of some bathing facts that are just crying out to be shared.

I knew that Eric was banned from asking for a bath before the sun came up. I gathered that the ban came about because he would pester my Mom for a bath way too early in the morning. I didn’t know that he would stand by the side of her bed and take hold of her sheets and say “I count to three!” to motivate her to give him a bath.

I also knew that Eric liked to read and even do his homework in the bath. I had forgotten that when Eric lived in Austin, TX he had a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment and that his second bathroom was the “reading” bathroom. He set up the tub with a board across it to hold his book and that was where he went to relax. My Mom always said he should put a collapsible cookbook holder on the board and market it. We could still make a fortune…..assuming other people like to read in the bath as much as he did.
Last night I gave my boys a bath and I was looking at my 6 year old thinking, he’s getting too old for this, he needs to start taking showers. He doesn’t like taking showers though, so I guess I’ll let him enjoy the bath a little longer. After all, it was a pleasure his Uncle Eric never gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment