Wednesday, August 4, 2010

#101 What was that again??

I sat down yesterday to write a blog, realized that it was number 100 and got totally sidetracked. If only I could remember today, what yesterday’s idea was, then I would have something to write about today. Don’t you hate when that happens??

I know for sure that that used to happen to Eric too because he used to call me to ask me to tell him what he had forgotten. Like I would know! It was just another way he used to stay in touch. Not every phone call involved a long, intense conversation. In fact most of them were short interactions, just enough to keep ourselves involved in each other’s lives. Some of them were downright stupid, like when Eric would ask me to remember what he had forgotten or when he would ask me in what aisle he could find a product in a supermarket I’d never even seen. I miss them all.

Of course I miss our “real” conversations. We would talk about life, love, family, friends, work and anything else that came to mind. But I also miss the short-takes. Only Eric would call to tell me he was out of toilet paper or that he found a new way to drive to work.
He, like most of us, was a creature of habit and used to call me on Friday afternoons. I was always at work and sometimes could take his call and sometimes couldn’t, but that never stopped him. He also always called my house on the weekends during my kids nap times and then would be upset that he couldn’t talk to them. I even miss his repeated frustrations. Most of all I just miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment