Friday, August 27, 2010

#124 Furniture

I’ve been looking for a new kitchen table for a few months now. To be honest, I’m not looking all that hard, but we really do need a new table. We have a small area in the kitchen and it’s hard to find small round tables that fit our needs. The one we have now my husband and I got before we were married (or even engaged) at a Value City store in rural Pennsylvania. It’s a plain light wood round table with fold down leaves. It has served us very well, but the leaves don’t stay all the way up and the gaps where the leaves fold down are filled with disgusting crumbs and other identifiable things that are hard to clean. Its time for a new table.

As I was looking I was thinking about when we furnished our first place together, a house we rented in Philadelphia. I moved in first and had no furniture of my own other than a bed. For a while, the house was totally empty. Don’t worry though; Eric was able to help out. He sent us a chair; actually I think it was supposed to be an armchair. It was from a very trendy store and the assembly was really easy. You just had to inflate it. Yes, Eric sent us an inflatable chair. It was also clear, so you could see right through it. I guess he didn’t want to take a chance of having it clash with anything. It wasn’t very comfortable as pretty much the moment you sat down in it, it tipped over. It was a nice thought though…..

A few months after I moved in, my husband (fiancé at the time) moved in and brought with him his parent’s old furniture from the 70s and 80s. It was no longer stylish, but it was comfortable and I still miss that couch that we left on the curb in Philly when we moved.

Our first night in Las Vegas we stayed in Eric’s apartment and I noticed he didn’t have any inflatable furniture. I guess he learned his lesson through us.

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind though.... He may not have had inflatable furniture- but he had no coach and a library of desks and study chairs for a living room. Always unique!

    ReplyDelete