Saturday, August 21, 2010

#118 Speak up!

Where have you gone loyal commenters? I know you are still reading, I way too obsessively check my site meter. Why aren’t you sharing with me? Has the blog become old news?

Is it just that I express everything perfectly and it needs no comment? That must be it.

If I had to use one word to describe what Eric was not, it would be silent. He had the capacity for silence, in small doses, or maybe when he was asleep, but in general he let the world know his opinions. In the spirit of Eric I ask you to do the same. Let me know how you are feeling. Is this blog helping you? Are there other memories of Eric you would like to share? If you don’t know Eric, how has this blog come to you and why do you keep reading?

Part of the benefit of this blog to me is just getting all my thoughts and feelings out there. The other part is hearing from you. It helps me to know that you are there, that you are with me, that you are reading. It’s also more fun than checking my site meter all the time.

So please, share with me.

5 comments:

  1. Hey there. Don't worry, the same thing happened to me with my blog... people just began stopping by to browse more often than they got involved with comments. Maybe my posts just went through a non-controversial phase? Try not to read too much into it-- we're still here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely still here, and touched by your posts. I have almost no personal memories of Eric, other than perhaps at your wedding, but I do feel that I'm getting to know him here through your comments. And, though I've known you for many years now, I think that the blog has also helped me get to know you better in ways that I otherwise might have not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail Fishman GerwinAugust 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM

    We're out here, Lizzie, reading, feeling, trying to know the kids who moved away where we couldn't see them out the back window, then moved even further away. But old friends remain in our hearts and your words thankfully bring these friends closer and fill us in on those years we missed. Everyone is thankful for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following for some time now. My boyfriend died suddenly at the age of 22, when he was struck and killed by a drunk driver. Since then, I was catapulted into working with grief and bereavement, specifically with a hospice unit.

    I truly love and appreciate your blog. It speaks so well to the roller coaster that is grief. I'm laughing with you, I'm crying with you... (mostly the latter). I recommend this blog to a lot of patients who are afraid of their grief, or who think they are alone or abnormal. Your honesty to yourself is rewarding to us all, and this blog is helping a lot of people through some very emotional times.

    I've obviously never known Eric, but I feel like I do. And you never fail to remind me to make sure others know Matt.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read too, but usually I read a bunch of entries at a time (not one every night). That's my way of not feeling too sad.
    I have lots of memories of him, but when I try to talk about them, they seem so mundane compared to the person he was. We spent a ridiculous amount of time together in college. Someday, when I'm ready, I'll look through old photos and letters and remember-- but for right now, this is as much as I can handle. -Steph

    ReplyDelete