Friday, May 13, 2011

#363 Crazier Than Me

I think we have officially established that left to my own devices while stuck on the couch feeding a baby I will watch junk television. I think Eric would be proud of me. After all if it was on TV he liked it. He introduced us to “Trading Spaces”, “SpongeBob Squarepants” and “Reno 911”.




The other day I found “18 Kids and Counting”. Clearly this was a rerun because the current version of the show is “19 Kids and Counting”. What couch potato could pass this by??? 18 kids?? Who is crazy enough to do that? How do you feed them? How do you transport them? How do you not run screaming into the woods and never come back????



The episode I watched was one where they were doing a fun run for some charity. I confess I don’t remember what the cause was. I do remember that they were all running in jeans because they believe that God doesn’t want them to show their thighs. Ok, but what does God have against lighter fabrics?? At least mom, who was pregnant (isn’t she always?), wasn’t running, but the rest were.



The father took the race as a challenge and was trying to beat his children to the finish line. They interspersed footage of him running with him and the kids commenting on his run. He had a hard time with it. He was admittedly out of shape and running full out for the first time in a long time. I was terrified. He was panting and wheezing and in the commentary stated that he felt like he was going to die. This is not a risk he needs to take! He has 18 ½ kids!!



Well of course he didn’t die. He finished and recovered his breath and decided to train a little more before the next one.



After I recovered my breath I decided that the most remarkable thing about this family is that all of the kids names start with J. Now that’s a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment