Tuesday, May 3, 2011

#354 Help

Many of you have suggested that I publish this blog. I would love to do that. The idea of having the Eric stories and the stories about my boys together in one place really excites me. It also excites me that this journey of mine has the potential to help someone else.




I am new to the world of publishing and am not really sure how to go about this. I had lunch with a good friend of mine today who is also writing a book and she gave me the name of her editor. Is that where I start? Do I need to find an agent first? Do I need to write a book proposal as another of my friends who is already published recommended? I am looking for any and all advice I can get.



As the number of remaining posts to be written dwindles I realize more and more how much I’m going to miss this forum. While I still plan to blog, I’d feel a lot better if I knew this project wasn’t really over. Publishing it would be a way of continuing it without actually adding to it. I think that would be really good for me.





I sometimes wonder how Eric would feel about all of this. I think he would approve. I think he would like the preservation of my memories even if he might remember some of them differently. I think he’d be ok with me spreading our stories. I know he’d be ok with anything that helped me.



If nothing else it would be a repository of memories for my kids. And that might be the best thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment