Sunday, May 1, 2011

#352 Not Too Busy

Our weekends have been really packed lately. I can only imagine what it will be like when we have three boys who have extracurricular activities.




This weekend my mother-in-law is visiting. Friday afternoon we had some work being done in the kitchen so we went out to dinner and for frozen yogurt afterwards. Saturday (yesterday) we had three little league games spread out throughout the day, two for my 7 year old and a tee-ball game for my 4 year old. I fed the baby while sitting on a blanket in the grass three times. I think I get extra mommy points for that. I also had concession stand duty for one of the games. My husband was coaching all of the games.



The last game was at 5:00 and ended at roughly the boys’ bedtime, but since we hadn’t eaten dinner we all went out to eat again. Then we came home and pretty much all fell into bed.



Today my oldest has religious school and then his religious school chorus is singing at the dedication of a Holocaust memorial statue. After that I don’t think we have anything planned until tomorrow, but we’ll probably take the boys to ride their bikes for grandma or something else like that. We’re planning on grilling for dinner tonight.



Last night we went out to dinner at a fantastic local burger place. They had televisions going and NASCAR was on. They put up a picture of one of the drivers, Jimmie Johnson. My 7 year old looked at me and said, “Hey, that guy looks like Uncle Eric”. I didn’t see the resemblance except for a similar 5 o’clock shadow type beard, but it made me happy that he did. Even when we’re not thinking about Eric, we are. All of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment