Monday, May 2, 2011

#353 A Good Death

Osama bin Laden is dead. How could I not write about that? Writing about anything else but that today just seems superfluous. On the one hand I know what it is like to grieve and being happy about someone’s death, a family’s loss, seems callous. On the other hand, we’re talking about a man who orchestrated the deaths of thousands. So, hooray!




This is the largest single event since Eric. I know I would be talking to him about it were he still here. I’m sure we would relive our 9/11 memories (I was working in the hospital, he was working in Riyadh) and talk about where the world goes from here. I miss his unique perspective on things.



Personally I’m worried that bin Laden left instructions in case of his death. I hope our homeland security personnel and their equivalents around the world are paying attention.



I know what it is like to lose a good person. I hope no one else learns what this is like because of bin Laden anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, you said it so well. I, too, wonder what Dan would be saying right now.
    Thanks for the note, BTW. It made my morning.

    ReplyDelete