Wednesday, May 4, 2011

#355 Still shocking

It still shocks me when I see something written out with the baby’s full name. I can call him Andrew or Drew all day long and not necessarily have the association with Eric. When I see Andrew Eric written out it reminds me again of why he has his name. We have a sign hanging in the kitchen that my middle child’s school made for him in honor of his becoming a big brother; it has Andrew Eric written out. I have thank you notes with his full name on them. I get baby gifts addressed with his full name. It’s not that I don’t like the name or that it makes me sad it just kind of jolts me.




I don’t know why this is given that I obviously know what happened and named him that on purpose, but it does. I knew I wouldn’t be able to use Eric as a first name and I’m glad it’s his middle name, but I’m also glad I’m able to avoid it most of the time. Does that make sense?



I love Eric and I love Andrew and I love that Andrew is named for Eric and I’m glad we ordered it the way we did. There will only ever be one Eric in my life and there will only ever be one Andrew even though they share both names.

No comments:

Post a Comment