Thursday, May 5, 2011

#356 Pizza

Eric had tastes both high and low. He was a fan of the finest French restaurant and the dingiest downtown diner. He would eat Chateaubriand or chicken fried steak with equal relish. He could also be happy with just a bag of Doritos or microwave popcorn. One thing I never understood though was his love of Dominos Pizza.




We grew up in New Jersey where they make the best pizza in the world. The slices are large, cheesy and greasy. You need to fold it to eat it. The crust is thin, but not too thin. It’s heaven on a plate.



I remember when Dominos first came to our area. It was exciting. Pizza delivered right to your door, oh my! Then we tasted the pizza. Oh my. Not exactly the standard we expected. But Eric loved it. He used to order it just for himself because the rest of us wouldn’t eat it.



When my parents and Eric moved to Thailand he ordered Dominos there too. I can understand that a little bit more since there was no good pizza there and Dominos represented home. But it was still terrible—even worse than in the states.



I never could quite comprehend how Eric could like the travesty of sauce and cheese that Dominos calls pizza, but yesterday my husband found a video that explains it all. If Eric were still here I would have sent him this video and we would have laughed and argued about its validity. Since he’s not here, I’ll share it with you. Credit goes to The Onion, a satirical news service that, ironically, Eric introduced to me.

http://mobile.theonion.com/video/dominos-scientists-testmobile-limits-of-what-humans-will,14252/?mobile=true

No comments:

Post a Comment