Friday, January 28, 2011

#277 Popcorn and Potter

I’m pretty sure I have touched on Eric’s love for popcorn in this blog. Popcorn is something he could reliably cook and would eat burned when he couldn’t. It served for his dinner on many occasions. He liked it almost as much as he liked Doritos.




Once for his birthday or Chanukah I gave him a ceramic popcorn bowl that looks like one of those red and white cardboard popcorn boxes that you get at the movie theatre. I thought it was a pretty appropriate gift.



When we went through his apartment we found the bowl on a shelf and I tagged it as something I wanted. It’s a lot bigger than I thought it would be and therefore a lot less useful. One package of microwave popcorn gets lost in its depths. Still I hope Eric liked and used it.



When my oldest son turned seven we gave him the first Harry Potter book to read. My husband and I love the books and couldn’t wait to start our kids on them. We weren’t sure what the appropriate age would be, but seven seemed right for the first book. We’ll keep the next book until he turns eight and so on and so forth so they don’t get too dark at too early an age. My son loved the book, much to our happiness.



A couple of days ago we rented the movie and my husband and I watched it with our son. We made it a special occasion with popcorn and hot chocolate. We put the popcorn in Eric’s bowl. My son especially loved that the bowl had been Eric’s so that he could share that moment with us.



I don’t remember if Eric read or liked the Harry Potter books, but regardless, I’m happy to make him a part of our continuing family occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment