Friday, May 6, 2011

#357 Laughter

It’s the weekend of the Wells Fargo Championship golf tournament and my parents are visiting. Since we’ve moved to Charlotte they’ve been coming for the tournament and we all go together. It’s a lot of fun.




They arrived last night and so far have seen my oldest son test for a new belt in his Tae Kwon Do class (He got his high yellow belt!) and one of his little league games, but no golf. They’ll get some of that today.



Last night after the game and putting the big boys to bed we were eating Indian food and talking. It was very relaxed and we were all joking around. I think I have mentioned before that when we get together my mother usually ends up being the target of our teasing and last night was no different. My husband got in a few great zingers. Luckily my mother takes it well. All that was missing was Eric.



At one point I said “I think somewhere Eric is smiling”. It took effort to say it. There was effort to acknowledge that he was missing, to bring it up and remind everyone although I know we were all thinking it. Then I was also braving the subject of where he is now which none of us know and probably wouldn’t agree on anyway. But I still said it and I’m glad I did. I’m going to keep bringing him into the conversation.



Is this progress?

1 comment: