Friday, December 3, 2010

#221 Smile

There is a song by the group Good Old War called My Own Sinking Ship that has absolutely nothing to do with death or dying or grieving. I think it’s about a dysfunctional relationship. There is one line in it that gets me every time. I may not even realize that the song is playing, but my brain always perks up at that one line.




“I can’t remember your last smile.”



I know I wasn’t even there for his last smile, not even close, but this line just speaks to me. I love Eric’s smile. I have so many great pictures of it displayed around my house and even more in my heart.



I hope Katie remembers his last smile. I’m sure he had one as they were talking and joking around in the hospital when we all thought this was going to be nothing more than a big scare.



I would give almost anything to see it live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment